TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – The Tarrytown Music Hall Is hosting its fourth semi-annual Family Fun Day Sunday, Oct. 25, from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Bring the family for a day of music and storytelling from folk musician and children’s entertainer Tom Chapin, as well as hands-on activities such as arts and crafts, martial arts, Lego building, a pumpkin patch and more. This event is free and open to the public; no tickets required.
Schedule of entertainment:
Tom Chapin will perform on the main stage at 1 p.m.
Yoo’s Martial Arts Main Stage Demo and Guided Participation from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Let's Play! A Place For Families Main Stage Guided Participation from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m
The following will be ongoing until the main stage shows begin:
- Bring your creativity and visit the craft tables where participants can create some fun fall arts and crafts at tables sponsored by Webster Bank, Sun Blue and Green Mountain Energy.
- Visit the Whole Foods’ Pumpkin Patch to pick out a pumpkin, courtesy of Whole Foods. Then visit the craft table and create a fun fall masterpiece, using pumpkin seeds, corn kernels, star anise and cinnamon sticks. Sample some pumpkin butter and learn about the history of pumpkins, why they are good for you and easy ways to cook them.
- Discover healthy eating tips from Sheila Emery Murphy, a holistic health coach and Tarrytown resident. Murphy helps families raise awareness about their food choices, provides grocery shopping tips and practical solutions for making healthy meals.
- Rock Island Sound of Tarrytown will have a variety of musical instruments for children to try.
- Sing-Along with Ron Dexter, who will be strolling, singing and strumming his guitar throughout the day.
- McCarthy Arts Birthday Parties, Westchester’s No.1 “Lego and Drama Birthday Party Entertainer," will provide Lego building, storytelling and acting activities.
The Tarrytown Music Hall is at 13 Main St..
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.