BEACON, N.Y. -- The Walter Panas boys basketball team fell behind early and could not recover Friday, falling to Red Hook 60-46 in the Class A state regional championship at Beacon High School.
Red Hook, the Section 9 representative from Dutchess County, advanced to next weekend's state Final Four and a berth in the Class A semifinals in upstate Glens Falls.
Walter Panas won its first Section 1 Class A title since 1997 when the team made it to the state championship game before losing to Section 3 Westhill High School.
Red Hook led 14-7 after one quarter, 26-16 at halftime and 38-28 after three quarters.
Walter Panas' Tim McCauley scored six points in the first half and finished with a team-high 14 points.
- 1 Westchester Farmers Market Finalists Announced In DVlicious Contest
- 2 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 3 Tarrytown Student Stars In New TV Sitcom, 'The Wonderful Wayneys'
- 4 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Greenburgh Supermarket Manager Collects Millions In Lottery