TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Allie Coppola of Tarrytown received New England Rookie of the Week honors for the final week of the Bates College women's basketball team's season.
Coppola played at The Hackley School in Katonah, before going to Bates, which is in Lewiston, Maine.
Coppola averaged 15.0 points, 9.0 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game while shooting .933 (14-for-15) at the free-throw line, as Bates went 1-1 over the weekend with a loss to No. 21 Bowdoin on Saturday and a 67-40 win in the season finale over Colby on Saturday.
Coppola collected 19 points, eight rebounds and four assists in the Bowdoin game, then racked up her seventh double-double of the season against Colby with 11 points, 10 boards and three assists.
Coppola was named Maine Rookie of the Week twice this season by the Maine Women's Basketball Coaches Association.
Bates finished the season 8-16 overall and 1-9 in the conference. Coppola averaged 7.5 points per game for the year.
- 1 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 2 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Big Brew NY Beer Festival Returns With Outdoor Fest In Tarrytown