SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – Sleepy Hollow High School quarterback Devin Lopez is The Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for November.
Lopez led the Horsemen to an 8-2 record and the Section 1 Class A championship game against Somers, where Sleepy Hollow’s season ultimately ended. The junior stood out for Sleepy Hollow all season but particularly stepped up in the playoffs.
Lopez threw a 49-yard touchdown pass to Isaiah Sanjuan in the final minute of the section semifinals against Brewster to help the Horsemen erase an 11-point deficit with 1:36 left in the game.
He also led Sleepy Hollow in a 34-0 rout of Saunders in the quarterfinals, in which he threw for 166 yards and a touchdown.
Lopez was a dual threat for Sleepy Hollow all season. He threw for 1,310 yards and 18 touchdowns and ran for 761 yards and seven touchdowns in 10 games. Lopez played perhaps his best game against Ossining, in which he ran 23 times for 235 yards and three touchdowns.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 4 Cuomo Announces New York Will Ban Fracking
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Tarrytown, Sleepy HollowWill Have To Wait On 'Interview'