SOMERS/TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – The Somers-Sleepy Hollow Section 1 Class A football game scheduled for 6 p.m. Wednesday at Mahopac High School has been postponed until 6 p.m. Thursday due to inclement weather.
The Class A semifinals for both teams were postponed last week due to Hurricane Sandy.
Somers is 9-0 despite a tough schedule and led by head coach Tony DeMatteo, who recently earned his 300th career win.
Sleepy Hollow (8-1) has been the surprise team in Section 1 this season and undoubtedly will play the underdog role.
The winner of the Class A final advances to the state regional quarterfinal against Section 9 champion Cornwall.
- 1 Tarrytown Man, 26, Pleads Guilty To Girlfriend’s Shooting Death
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Tarrytown's Communication Signals
- 4 Tarrytown's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Tarrytown Residents