SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. - Sleepy Hollow girls' basketball player Daniella Carissimo helped fuel her team to an 8-1 start to the season and has been named the Daily Voice Athlete of the Month for December.
Carissimo had her most impressive outing in the opening-round victory against Hastings in the John Costello Holiday Tournament, scoring 20 points and adding 20 rebounds. She had 16 points and eight rebounds in the 62-34 victory versus Yorktown in the tournament final and was named Most Valuable Player.
The junior guard and co-captain has joined teammate and co-captain Grace Carr and Jessica Tucci in leading the Horsemen to a strong early season run.
"I would say the season is going very well," Carissimo said. "Our team is learning to work really well together and we have great chemistry. We are very happy because we are now 8-1 and if we continue playing hard we can reach our season goals."
Carissimo is the latest success story in her family, following the exploits of her older brother Sandro Carissimo, who plays for the University of Vermont and was a member of last year's team that made the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.
- 1 Tarrytown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Two Dozen Will Boycott Bill Cosby’s Shows At Tarrytown Music Hall
- 3 Tarrytown Schools Closed, Irvington Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Slippery Roads Cause Numerous Accidents Throughout Westchester