SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. ‒ Boys and girls high school basketball teams from four Westchester communities meet Thursday, Nov. 29, for round one of the 21st annual Howard Godwin Sleepy Hollow Holiday Basketball Tournament.
Teams come from Sleepy Hollow, Edgemont, Yonkers and Tarrytown. The tournament opens at 5 p.m. in the Sleepy Hollow High School Gymnasium with a girls semifinal, Clarkstown South vs. Hackley. Sleepy Hollow girls battle Lincoln at 7.
Boys semifinal games take place Friday. Edgemont faces Hackley at 5 p.m. and Sleepy Hollow plays last year's winner, Gorton, at 7.
Two consolation games will be played Saturday: the girls teams at 2 p.m. and the boys teams at 4. The championship games take place at 6 p.m. for girls and 8 for boys.
Officials renamed the tournament this year in honor of founder Howard Godwin, who died at his home in Tarrytown on April 1. He was 67.
Godwin and his wife, Mimi, a school board member, founded the tournament in 1992 as a four-team girls invitational meet. It expanded to include a boys tournament in 1995.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Hartsdale Woman, 46, Dies In Fall From George Washington Bridge
- 4 Rain, Possible Storms Will Move Into Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20