SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow’s offense has been an unstoppable force in the football team’s last two wins as the Headless Horsemen have scored 81 points.
They will look to continue their offensive assault when they host Lakeland at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in a Section 1 Class A football game.
A Sleepy Hollow win would give it a 5-1 record and clinch a playoff berth.
John Jay-Cross River and Hendrick Hudson have learned in the last two weeks that facing Sleepy Hollow’s offense is difficult because of its multiple threats.
“Having a receiver like Dionel Infante and running back like Dominic Onwe is a huge advantage for us,” said wide receiver Steven Bencosme. “Plus we have a quarterback in Devin Lopez who runs and throws and a receiver in Edwin Jimenez who can make big plays.”
Sleepy Hollow’s play the last two weeks has the team feeling good about itself, but Bencosme and his teammates know there is more football to be played. They also have maintained a focus on Lakeland even with the annual Ossining game coming up the last week of the regular season.
“Yes, we have played very well the last two weeks, but we don’t feel we have peaked yet,” Bencosme said. “The next two games will determine our peak and we are hoping to do that.
“We take one game at a time and prepare no different for any team. When the Ossining week comes, we think about them but right nor it is about Lakeland and that’s it.”
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Irvington Declares State Of Emergency, Continuing Indefinitely
- 3 Blizzard Warning Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow