TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – The Metropolitan Golf Writers Association (MGWA) will hold its 2014 National Awards Dinner on Monday, June 23 at the Westchester Marriott.
The event honors golf’s greatest players, organizations and contributors.
This year’s honorees include Fred Couples (Gold Tee Award), Nancy Lopez (Winnie Palmer Award) John Feinstein (Golf Journalism Award) and the Blackwelder Family (Family of the Year). Bruce Beck, lead sports anchor for NBC 4 New York and president of MGWA, will host the dinner.
“Westchester has always been at the forefront of golf, dating back to 1888 when Yonkers was recognized as the birthplace of golf in America,” said County Executive Rob Astorino. “With the recent news that the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship (formerly the LPGA Championship) is coming to Westchester Country Club in June 2015, we continue to be excited about what’s happening in Westchester.”
Westchester County currently has four golf courses on Golf Digest’s Top 100 USA golf courses, including Winged Foot Golf Club in Mamaroneck, Quaker Ridge Golf Club in Scarsdale and Hudson National Golf Club in Croton-on-Hudson.
For ticket information, contact Kate Keller at (914) 909-4847 or email@example.com.
- 1 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Big Brew NY Beer Festival Returns With Outdoor Fest In Tarrytown
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed