WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- High school football teams from Westchester and Putnam counties and New York City met at White Plains High School Saturday in a multi-team scrimmage just one week before local Section 1 football begins on Friday, Sept. 5.
The host high school opened its athletic complex -- the main stadium football field and annex fields -- to Carmel and Mahopac from Putnam and John Jay East-Fishkill of Dutchess County. Yorktown, Rye, Westlake and Eastchester represented Westchester in the flurry of inter-squad practice sessions.
Teams alternated 12-play offensive and defensive sets with four teams occupying the Loucks Stadium turf field, while junior varsity teams also butted helmets on outer fields.
Are teams open their regular seasons on Friday, Sept. 5 with a majority of the remaining high schools opening on Saturday, Sept. 6.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 2 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 5 Tarrytown Students Stage Shakespeare's 'Macbeth'