IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- Irvington high School graduate Brittni Lai, a freshman at Marist College, reached the NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament Monday when her Marist College team topped Quinnipiac 70-66 in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference title game.
Lai, who was a member of the three-time Class B state champion Bulldogs teams over the last three years, scored 1,456 career points over a four-year career at Edgemont and Irvington. Lai was the lead guard for the 2012 and 2013 state champions.
Second-seeded Marist shrugged off a horrible first-half shooting slump, erased a 17-point deficit and went on win its ninth straight MAAC title.
Marist (27-6) has won nine consecutive MAAC tournament titles and a record 10 overall, having surpassed nine-time champion St. Peter’s. The Red Foxes will once again represent the conference in the NCAA Tournament.
Lai is averaging just under three points per game in her freshman season. She has 55 assists and 15 steals in 31 games.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Volunteers Save Cat At Scene Of Fire In Tarrytown
- 3 Snow Likely In Tarrytown On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Route 119 Reopens After Closure In Greenburgh
- 5 Two Dozen Will Boycott Bill Cosby’s Shows At Tarrytown Music Hall