WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The top-seeded Irvington boys basketball team was upset by fourth-seeded Putnam Valley 69-45 in the Section 1 Class B semifinals Monday at the County Center.
Ryan Basso had a game-high 29 points, including seven 3-pointers to lead the winners. Zach Coleman finished with 20 points, five rebounds and three steals for Putnam Valley.
The Tigers, who reached the Section 1 final for the first time in schoo history, will play No. 6 Woodlands in the championship final Saturday at 2 p.m. Woodlands defeated Putnam Valley 65-51 on Dec. 21.
- 1 Police Warn Residents Of Service Company Imposters In Sleepy Hollow
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48