WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The top-seeded Irvington boys basketball team was upset by fourth-seeded Putnam Valley 69-45 in the Section 1 Class B semifinals Monday at the County Center.
Ryan Basso had a game-high 29 points, including seven 3-pointers to lead the winners. Zach Coleman finished with 20 points, five rebounds and three steals for Putnam Valley.
The Tigers, who reached the Section 1 final for the first time in schoo history, will play No. 6 Woodlands in the championship final Saturday at 2 p.m. Woodlands defeated Putnam Valley 65-51 on Dec. 21.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Snow Could Return To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Pocantico Hills' David Rockefeller Donates $4M For State Park Preserve
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Hackley Ranks Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation