IRVINGTON, N.Y. - Boys and girls high school basketball teams from several Westchester communities, including Dobbs Ferry, Ardsley and Eastchester, will meet in Irvington High School's annual William Warnock (girls) and Michael Tewey (boys) basketball tournaments .
The 34th Annual William Warnock Tournament, won last year by Irvington's three-time Class B state champions, will begin Thursday with semifinal games at 5 and 7 p.m. The opening round of the Michael Tewey Boys Tournament will tip off Friday with games at 5 and 7 p.m.
Winners of the opening round games will meet in Saturday's all-day basketball blitz beginning with the consolation game for boys and girls at 2 and 4 p.m. and the championship games set for 6 and 8 p.m. in both the Tewey and Warnock tournaments.
The Irvington girls team features Brittni Lai and Alexis Martins, each of whom signed last week to play Division I college basketball.
Dobbs Ferry's boys team is led by junior star Eric Paschall, who is considered one of the top players in Westchester.
The Dobbs Ferry girls are led by returners Kristin Foresti and Kristy Degener and a group of returning players who will contend for their league title.
The Blind Brook girls team is the fourth team participating in the Warnock Tournament.
- 1 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 5 Body Found In Hudson River Could Be Missing Kayaker In Murder Case