TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – Students from Tarrytown have earned several awards and honors while at school and college:
- Sleepy Hollow High School student Edwin Lopez traveled to Albany as part of a four-day trip sponsored by the Rivertowns League of Women Voters. Lopez toured the capitol building, shadowed a senator and learned about government.
- Tarrytown resident Douglas Cronk is graduating from SUNY New Paltz this semester with a certificate of advanced study in school leadership.
- Sleepy Hollow High School Students of the Month for April: Christopher Losowski and Deborah Duma in English; Daniel Carvajal in ESL; Meghan Geary in Art and Multimedia; Benjamin Povman in World Languages; Javiera Morales in Science; Kevin Caban in Math; Gabriel Rodriguez and Hugo Zhagui in Social Sciences; Kevon Lewis and Annayjori in Physical Education; Michael Clevenger in Music; and Steven Nerys in Special Education.
- Irvington resident Dylan Rubinstein graduated from Binghamton University with a bachelor's degree in economics.
- Sleepy Hollow resident Rosalinda Ramirez was inducted into the Psi Chi honor society at Dominican College.
- Irvington resident Katelyn Hennes was named to the dean's list at Champlain College.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 Mason Struck, Killed By His Own Van In Greenburgh
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash