SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – Sleepy Hollow High School students filled more than 40 bags of garbage and recyclables on Saturday as part of a village clean-up effort.
The high school's S.P.E.A.R. Club (Students Promoting Environmental Awareness and Responsibility) organized the clean-up with help from varsity cross county, football and volleyball teams. School officials said 66 students helped remove trash from Beekman Avenue in Sleepy Hollow, Main Street in Tarrytown and Patriot's Park.
“Although a town clean-up doesn’t sound like the most fun way to be spending a Saturday, Sleepy Hollow students really stepped up to the plate and made a seemingly boring task into a fun feel-good activity,” the school district said.
- 1 Saw Mill Parkway Wrong-Way Driver Charged With DWI ID'd
- 2 Significant Snow, Ice Possible For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Mayor Ken Wray Heads Unite Sleepy Hollow Village Election Ticket
- 5 Tarrytown Could See Light Snow Through Thursday Morning