SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School Principal Carol Conklin-Spillane has been invited to be a part of a panel discussion on the role of leadership in learning environments with the Alliance for Excellent Education and the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
The panel discussion will be held on Thursday, May 1, at the Hart Senate Office Building in Washington, D.C.
The discussion will focus on the role of leadership in creating dynamic personalized learning environments that have produced continuous growth in student proficiency.
The MetLife Foundation-NASSP Breakthrough Schools project identifies, showcases and recognizes middle and high schools that are achieving at high levels or dramatically improving student achievement while serving a large number of students who are most at risk of dropping out.
Sleepy Hollow High School has been recognized by the Breakthrough Schools project in 2014 for
exemplifying the core areas of personalization, collaborative leadership and access to a rigorous and
differentiated curriculum for all students.
Conklin-Spillane will be joined by host U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.
- 1 Significant Snow, Ice Possible For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer