SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School junior Javiera Morales recently earned second place at the International Engineering Energy Environment Project Olympiad (ISWEEEP) in Houston, Texas.
Morales presented her science research project, "The Correlation between Forest Fragmentation and Invasive Herbaceous Plant Presence in a Deciduous Forest Habitat."
She competed against 385 students from 66 different countries and earned second place honors in the environment category. Additionally, she was awarded a $1,000 scholarship from the Texas Tech University department of plant and soil science.
- 1 Police Warn Residents Of Service Company Imposters In Sleepy Hollow
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48