SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School junior Javiera Morales recently earned second place at the International Engineering Energy Environment Project Olympiad (ISWEEEP) in Houston, Texas.
Morales presented her science research project, "The Correlation between Forest Fragmentation and Invasive Herbaceous Plant Presence in a Deciduous Forest Habitat."
She competed against 385 students from 66 different countries and earned second place honors in the environment category. Additionally, she was awarded a $1,000 scholarship from the Texas Tech University department of plant and soil science.
- 1 Police Find More Than 10,000 Bags Of Heroin During Tarrytown Traffic Stop
- 2 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 4 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Tarrytown Road Work Expected To Close Lane On Saturday