SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School junior Javiera Morales recently earned second place at the International Engineering Energy Environment Project Olympiad (ISWEEEP) in Houston, Texas.
Morales presented her science research project, "The Correlation between Forest Fragmentation and Invasive Herbaceous Plant Presence in a Deciduous Forest Habitat."
She competed against 385 students from 66 different countries and earned second place honors in the environment category. Additionally, she was awarded a $1,000 scholarship from the Texas Tech University department of plant and soil science.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Tarrytown Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington