SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School junior Javiera Morales recently earned second place at the International Engineering Energy Environment Project Olympiad (ISWEEEP) in Houston, Texas.
Morales presented her science research project, "The Correlation between Forest Fragmentation and Invasive Herbaceous Plant Presence in a Deciduous Forest Habitat."
She competed against 385 students from 66 different countries and earned second place honors in the environment category. Additionally, she was awarded a $1,000 scholarship from the Texas Tech University department of plant and soil science.
- 1 Tarrytown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Two Dozen Will Boycott Bill Cosby’s Shows At Tarrytown Music Hall
- 3 Tarrytown Schools Closed, Irvington Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Westchester Roadways Have Heavy Volume With Storm, Thanksgiving Approaching