SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School junior Javiera Morales recently earned second place at the International Engineering Energy Environment Project Olympiad (ISWEEEP) in Houston, Texas.
Morales presented her science research project, "The Correlation between Forest Fragmentation and Invasive Herbaceous Plant Presence in a Deciduous Forest Habitat."
She competed against 385 students from 66 different countries and earned second place honors in the environment category. Additionally, she was awarded a $1,000 scholarship from the Texas Tech University department of plant and soil science.
- 1 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Farmers Market Opens Saturday
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point