SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- The Sleepy Hollow High School UNIFIED basketball team brought home a gold and a bronze medal from the Special Olympics Unified state tournament at SUNY New Paltz on Sunday, April 6.
The UNIFIED team is comprised of disabled and non-disabled athletes competing together. The athletes lead the way as ambassadors of change.
Bonnie Berry and Kim Kaczmarek coach the team.
The UNIFIED team consists of the following athletes: Brenda Alfaro, Sebastian Leiva, Katie Bender, Brendan Murphy, Molly Leavey, Felix Veloz, Mikey Fortugno, Sueng Park, Jane Maloy, Jacob Wellen, Hunter Burnett, Sarah McCarthy, Jordan Brown and Linda Myrthil.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Tarrytown Skies Sunday
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester