SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School senior Luke Colley is the regional winner of the 2013 President’s Environmental Youth Awards Program for his project “Using Apples as Locally Sustainable Fuel Source in New York State.”
Each year, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency selects one winner to represent each of its 10 regions. Colley's project was selected to represent EPA Region 2, which includes New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Colley and his family will attend the Environmental Quality Awards reception on Wednesday, April 23, in Manhattan.
- 1 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 2 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 3 Events To Remember Hosts 'Sassy Ladies Night' In Tarrytown
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 Pocantico Hills' David Rockefeller Donates $4M For State Park Preserve