SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School senior Luke Colley is the regional winner of the 2013 President’s Environmental Youth Awards Program for his project “Using Apples as Locally Sustainable Fuel Source in New York State.”
Each year, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency selects one winner to represent each of its 10 regions. Colley's project was selected to represent EPA Region 2, which includes New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Colley and his family will attend the Environmental Quality Awards reception on Wednesday, April 23, in Manhattan.
- 1 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans