SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School senior Luke Colley is the regional winner of the 2013 President’s Environmental Youth Awards Program for his project “Using Apples as Locally Sustainable Fuel Source in New York State.”
Each year, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency selects one winner to represent each of its 10 regions. Colley's project was selected to represent EPA Region 2, which includes New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Colley and his family will attend the Environmental Quality Awards reception on Wednesday, April 23, in Manhattan.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 Mason Struck, Killed By His Own Van In Greenburgh
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington