SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School senior Luke Colley is the regional winner of the 2013 President’s Environmental Youth Awards Program for his project “Using Apples as Locally Sustainable Fuel Source in New York State.”
Each year, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency selects one winner to represent each of its 10 regions. Colley's project was selected to represent EPA Region 2, which includes New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Colley and his family will attend the Environmental Quality Awards reception on Wednesday, April 23, in Manhattan.
- 1 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 2 IRS Warns Tarrytown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Sleepy Hollow's Phelps Memorial Joins North Shore-LIJ Health System
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In One Of Three Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd