SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School senior Luke Colley is the regional winner of the 2013 President’s Environmental Youth Awards Program for his project “Using Apples as Locally Sustainable Fuel Source in New York State.”
Each year, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency selects one winner to represent each of its 10 regions. Colley's project was selected to represent EPA Region 2, which includes New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Colley and his family will attend the Environmental Quality Awards reception on Wednesday, April 23, in Manhattan.
- 1 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Ranked Among Safest Places To Live In New York
- 2 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 3 Winter Won't Be So Bad In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington, NWS Says
- 4 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 5 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks