SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School senior Imani Ford has been selected to take part in Students Inside Albany.
Students Inside Albany is a conference sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New York State Education Foundation Inc.
The conference is designed to increase students' awareness of their responsibility in representative government and provide the tools necessary for meeting that responsibility. High school students from across the state will learn about New York state government and the process by which citizens can prepare in the policymaking arena.
Conference highlights include: touring the state Capitol building, shadowing a state Assembly member, learning tips for being a successful student lobbyist, learning about political activism, shadowing a state senator and engaging in discussions with legislators.
- 1 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 2 IRS Warns Tarrytown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Sleepy Hollow's Phelps Memorial Joins North Shore-LIJ Health System
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In One Of Three Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd