SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Sleepy Hollow High School’s science department will host its first lego league robotics competition on Saturday, February 1.
The event will be held in the Sleepy Hollow Middle School gymnasium between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Middle school students from lower Westchester will be competing while Sleepy Hollow High School teachers and students from the science honors society will judge and run the tournament.
The first lego league competition features teams of middle school students charged with using lego components to build small robots that can successfully complete a mission.
The teams will present their research, robot design and overall experience to the judges. The ultimate purpose of the program is to get young students excited about science and technology, as well as, teach them valuable employment and life skills.
The robots will perform tasks involving navigating around the competition table and collecting and manipulating objects. The purpose of the tournament is to show the exciting world of science, technology, and engineering.
The tournament is open to the public and admission is free.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Jason Choi at (914) 332-6226 or email@example.com.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 3 Open Houses In Tarrytown Area This Weekend
- 4 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home
- 5 Local NBA Hopefuls Show Off Skills For Westchester Knicks In Greenburgh