TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The residents of Tarrytown/Sleep Hollow voted Tuesday to approve a proposed $71 million budget for the Tarrytown Union Free Schools 2014-2015 school year.
The 2014-2015 budget in an increase of 2.4 million over last year's $68 million with a 3.5-percent increase and a tax levy under the two-percent state tax limit mandate.
The vote was 607-235 in favor of the overall budget proposal. A separate proposal for the purchase of motor vehicles not exceeding $179,205 was approved by voters 604-206.
John Paine received 658 votes and Katherine Swibold 681 in being elected as school board trustees.
- 1 Tarrytown Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 4 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington