TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The residents of Tarrytown/Sleep Hollow voted Tuesday to approve a proposed $71 million budget for the Tarrytown Union Free Schools 2014-2015 school year.
The 2014-2015 budget in an increase of 2.4 million over last year's $68 million with a 3.5-percent increase and a tax levy under the two-percent state tax limit mandate.
The vote was 607-235 in favor of the overall budget proposal. A separate proposal for the purchase of motor vehicles not exceeding $179,205 was approved by voters 604-206.
John Paine received 658 votes and Katherine Swibold 681 in being elected as school board trustees.
- 1 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Says Former Sleepy Hollow Student Jenner In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester