TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The residents of Tarrytown/Sleep Hollow voted Tuesday to approve a proposed $71 million budget for the Tarrytown Union Free Schools 2014-2015 school year.
The 2014-2015 budget in an increase of 2.4 million over last year's $68 million with a 3.5-percent increase and a tax levy under the two-percent state tax limit mandate.
The vote was 607-235 in favor of the overall budget proposal. A separate proposal for the purchase of motor vehicles not exceeding $179,205 was approved by voters 604-206.
John Paine received 658 votes and Katherine Swibold 681 in being elected as school board trustees.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Is Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 Sleepy Hollow Mayor Tells Staff To Avoid Nonprofit, Report Says
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills