TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The residents of Tarrytown/Sleep Hollow voted Tuesday to approve a proposed $71 million budget for the Tarrytown Union Free Schools 2014-2015 school year.
The 2014-2015 budget in an increase of 2.4 million over last year's $68 million with a 3.5-percent increase and a tax levy under the two-percent state tax limit mandate.
The vote was 607-235 in favor of the overall budget proposal. A separate proposal for the purchase of motor vehicles not exceeding $179,205 was approved by voters 604-206.
John Paine received 658 votes and Katherine Swibold 681 in being elected as school board trustees.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Blizzard Warning Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Irvington Declares State Of Emergency, Continuing Indefinitely
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow