POCANTICO HILLS, N.Y. – The Pocantico Hills Central School District is one of many schools shaken by Friday's shooting in Newtown, Conn.
Superintendent Valencia Douglas sent out a letter to parents Friday after an unidentified man approached playground monitors at the edge of the field. Douglas said the monitors asked the man to leave and then notified school officials.
Mount Pleasant police are investigating the matter, and Douglas said no students were in contact with the man. Douglas said police have increased their patrols in the area.
“We are fully aware of the tragic events that occurred this morning in Connecticut, and we are prepared to offer any support students may need,” Douglas said. “We continue to follow our security plan and feel confident in our ability to keep students safe.”
- 1 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker
- 2 Greenburgh Police Officer Linked To Racist Comment, Report Says
- 3 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 4 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 County Health Department Issues Advisory On Ticks, Tick-Borne Illnesses