POCANTICO HILLS, N.Y. – The Pocantico Hills Central School District is one of many schools shaken by Friday's shooting in Newtown, Conn.
Superintendent Valencia Douglas sent out a letter to parents Friday after an unidentified man approached playground monitors at the edge of the field. Douglas said the monitors asked the man to leave and then notified school officials.
Mount Pleasant police are investigating the matter, and Douglas said no students were in contact with the man. Douglas said police have increased their patrols in the area.
“We are fully aware of the tragic events that occurred this morning in Connecticut, and we are prepared to offer any support students may need,” Douglas said. “We continue to follow our security plan and feel confident in our ability to keep students safe.”
- 1 Tarrytown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Two Dozen Will Boycott Bill Cosby’s Shows At Tarrytown Music Hall
- 3 Snow Likely In Tarrytown On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Route 119 Reopens After Closure In Greenburgh
- 5 Tarrytown Schools Closed, Irvington Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday