IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- A presentation on the Common Core is at the top of the agenda for the Irvington Board of Education's regular meeting in the Campus Presentation Room on Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 7:30 p.m.
Assistant Superintendent Raina Kor will detail the shifts of the district's elementary school programs as a result of the required implementation of the Common Core Learning Standards.
The initial 2014-15 budget season will begin with a presentation by Schools Superintendent, Dr. Kris Harrison, of an overview of the projected 2014-15 Push Ahead/Maintenance Budget which is based upon certain projected assumptions.
In addition, there will be a discussion on the hiring protocols for the position of Assistant Superintendent of Instruction as well as various items that the Board will be asked to act upon.
The Board and administration will continue discussion on options to remediate East Field and related drainage issues as well as possible improvements to Meszaros Field and other District facilities at a work session on Jan. 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute