TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A drug arrest turned into a foot chase at the Bridge Plaza shopping center, Tarrytown police said.
Police charged Rashaan Davis, 18, Stephanie Lopez, 19, and Jose DeJesus Vargas, 20, with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony, and fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony. Davis was also charged with resisting arrest, a misdemeanor.
Police say members of an investigation task force charged the three at the shopping center on Oct. 25. Davis ran away before police could arrest him and was chased to the entrance to the New York State Thruway. Police took them to headquarters and impounded their car.
Police also reported the following:
- Police charged Bruce Rothman, 52, with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, after an employee at the Mobil Gas Station on South Broadway reported a bag of ice was stolen on Oct. 31.
- A Carrollwood Drive resident reported her driver's side tires and rims had been stolen on Oct. 29.
- A motorist called police on Oct. 28 to report a coyote had been struck by a car on Route 119, but police discovered the coyote was uninjured and eating a dead deer.
- Police charged a 17-year-old with criminal possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor, on Hamilton Place on Oct. 26. The teen was processed and released before police turned her over to an EF School security supervisor.
- The owner of Caravela Restaurant called police on Oct. 25 after a customer refused to pay his bill because the owner had added his own tip. Police told the owner he couldn't force the customer to leave a tip if he wasn't satisfied with the service, and the customer paid for his meal.
- A John Street resident reported his white Suzuki motorcycle had been stolen while parked on his property on Oct. 25.
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Tarrytown
- 3 Police Search For Person Who May Have Jumped Into Hudson River
- 4 Accident Near Tappan Zee Bridge Slows Wednesday Commute
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Commute In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington