WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The New York Observer recently sat down with Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino in advance of his Wednesday announcement that he will be seeking the Republican nomination in the 2014 election against incumbent Democrat Andrew Cuomo.
The story outlines many of the characteristics that allowed him to convincingly retain his seat as county executive in a race against New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson last November.
Astorino, a longtime media man, and lifetime Westchester resident, is able to connect with his constituents, and as one source told the Observer, has the ability to give Cuomo "a headache."
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Blizzard Warning Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Irvington Declares State Of Emergency, Continuing Indefinitely