WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The New York Observer recently sat down with Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino in advance of his Wednesday announcement that he will be seeking the Republican nomination in the 2014 election against incumbent Democrat Andrew Cuomo.
The story outlines many of the characteristics that allowed him to convincingly retain his seat as county executive in a race against New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson last November.
Astorino, a longtime media man, and lifetime Westchester resident, is able to connect with his constituents, and as one source told the Observer, has the ability to give Cuomo "a headache."
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Sleepy Hollow Gets In Halloween Spirit
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 First NY Residential Eating Disorder Facility Opens In Irvington