WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo is defending his son and current Gov. Andrew Cuomo amid allegations he tampered with the commission to root out government corruption, according to the New York Daily News.
The elder Cuomo called his son an honest politician and said he wished he were as "good a man as my son is," the Daily News reported.
Andrew Cuomo is in hot water after The New York Times reported Cuomo and his administration tampered with the Moreland Commission on ethics every time a name or entity with ties to the governor would arise.
Since Cuomo prematurely disbanded the commission, U.S. Attorney Attorney Preet Bharara has taken over the investigations and is looking into Cuomo, the Daily News said.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Westchester Farmers Market Finalists Announced In DVlicious Contest
- 3 Tarrytown Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad