Updated at 1:45 p.m.:
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. — Police responded Wednesday to a report of a gas leak near the intersection of South Broadway and Church Street and discovered a woman who was found dead.
The reported gas leak became the scene of a police investigation. The Westchester Medical Examiner is now on the scene.
Police do not suspect any foul play and are still investigating.
Original report at 12:01 p.m.:
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Tarrytown police have confirmed that emergency vehicles arrived at the site of a reported gas leak in the center of town this morning.
The incident occurred at Church Street and Broadway (Route 9) and police said it is under investigation.
Check back to The Daily Voice for more updates.
- 1 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Farmers Market Opens Saturday
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Storms Could Spoil Memorial Day In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington