SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – A 37-year-old woman died Saturday after her car crashed over an embankment near Douglas Park in Sleepy Hollow, police said.
Police Chief Gregory Camp said a 2008 Honda Pilot sport utility vehicle went over an embankment at the end of Tappan Avenue and near the intersection of Anderson Avenue around 10 a.m. Police found the woman lying on the side of the road and took her to Phelps Memorial Hospital.
The woman was pronounced dead at the hospital. Police have not identified the woman or the cause of the crash.
“At this time it is not known if the driver may have lost control of the vehicle or had mechanical difficulties, and if the driver either jumped out or was somehow ejected from the vehicle as it sped downhill toward the embankment,” Camp said.
The Westchester County Police Accident Investigation Unit is assisting Sleepy Hollow police with the case.
- 1 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Big Brew NY Beer Festival Returns With Outdoor Fest In Tarrytown
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed