SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – A 37-year-old woman died Saturday after her car crashed over an embankment near Douglas Park in Sleepy Hollow, police said.
Police Chief Gregory Camp said a 2008 Honda Pilot sport utility vehicle went over an embankment at the end of Tappan Avenue and near the intersection of Anderson Avenue around 10 a.m. Police found the woman lying on the side of the road and took her to Phelps Memorial Hospital.
The woman was pronounced dead at the hospital. Police have not identified the woman or the cause of the crash.
“At this time it is not known if the driver may have lost control of the vehicle or had mechanical difficulties, and if the driver either jumped out or was somehow ejected from the vehicle as it sped downhill toward the embankment,” Camp said.
The Westchester County Police Accident Investigation Unit is assisting Sleepy Hollow police with the case.
- 1 Tarrytown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Two Dozen Will Boycott Bill Cosby’s Shows At Tarrytown Music Hall
- 3 Tarrytown Schools Closed, Irvington Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Westchester Roadways Have Heavy Volume With Storm, Thanksgiving Approaching