TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A Tarrytown woman got her missing wallet back only to discover $1,000 was no longer in it, police said.
The woman reported that she had accidentally left her wallet at the Chase Bank in the Tarrytown Centre on Oct. 2. The bank called her after finding the wallet, but when she picked it up she noticed the large sum in cash was gone.
The woman said nothing else had been taken from her wallet.
Police also reported the following items:
• Firefighters extinguished a rubbish fire on the Tappan Zee Bridge on Oct. 3.
• A village truck got into an accident with a car at the intersection of McKeel Avenue and Hillsdie Place on Oct. 3.
• Police charged Alfonso Albarracin, 44, with aggravated driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, and driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, after another motorist reported he was driving erratically on Neperan Road on Oct. 2. A passenger in Albarracin's car ran away as police arrived.
• A fire truck hit a parked vehicle while backing into the Main Street Firehouse on Sept. 30.
- 1 Police Issue 72 Tickets In Route 9 Detail
- 2 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Share Services But Not Towns
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up