TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A Tarrytown woman got her missing wallet back only to discover $1,000 was no longer in it, police said.
The woman reported that she had accidentally left her wallet at the Chase Bank in the Tarrytown Centre on Oct. 2. The bank called her after finding the wallet, but when she picked it up she noticed the large sum in cash was gone.
The woman said nothing else had been taken from her wallet.
Police also reported the following items:
• Firefighters extinguished a rubbish fire on the Tappan Zee Bridge on Oct. 3.
• A village truck got into an accident with a car at the intersection of McKeel Avenue and Hillsdie Place on Oct. 3.
• Police charged Alfonso Albarracin, 44, with aggravated driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, and driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, after another motorist reported he was driving erratically on Neperan Road on Oct. 2. A passenger in Albarracin's car ran away as police arrived.
• A fire truck hit a parked vehicle while backing into the Main Street Firehouse on Sept. 30.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Man Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler On TZB Breaks Windshield
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York