TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A collapsible bicycle was stolen out of a car parked overnight at the Rivercliff Condos, a Tarrytown woman told police.
The woman reported Feb. 2 that she had left the bike in her father's car while it was parked from 1 to 8 a.m., according to the police report. The car was left unlocked, and the thief had also searched the glove box and the inside of the car, according to the police report.
The woman was uncertain whether any additional items had been stolen but later reported the thief had searched her other car and taken an E-ZPass.
Police also reported the following items:
- A kayaker was briefly stuck on the ice at the Tarrytown Lakes after he went out to rescue his dog Feb. 3, police said. He worked the kayak back to shore without injury.
- Firefighters shut off a water main after it began leaking into a vacated building on Baylis Court on Feb. 2, police said.
- A Crescent Drive resident reported Feb. 1 that someone had tried to open several accounts in her name, police said.
- A Storm Street resident reported Jan. 31 she was receiving suspicious phone calls about a $750 payday loan, police said. The woman told police she had used payday loans in the past but paid them all off.
- Tarrytown officers discovered a teen selling marijuana at the Wilson Park soccer fields Jan. 31, police said. A 17-year-old was charged with second-degree criminal sale of marijuana, a felony; fifth-degree criminal sale of marijuana, a misdemeanor; fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor; and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, police said. Two other teens were charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor, police said. The three teenagers were also found to be in possession of alcohol, police said.