TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A suicidal woman on the Tappan Zee Bridge was taken into custody by state police and later taken to the hospital, Tarrytown police said.
State police were notified Sept.10 by Yonkers police that the woman intended to commit suicide and was heading toward the bridge. State police were able to prevent the woman from jumping, but called for an ambulance around 2 p.m. because the woman reported abdominal pains.
The Tarrytown Volunteer Ambulance Corps took the woman to the Westchester County Medical Center.
Police also reported the following items:
• A car struck a deer around 3 p.m. Sept. 9 on South Broadway. Police killed the animal after examining its injuries.
• Police charged a 30-year-old man with disorderly conduct, a violation, after spotting him urinating at the train station while pedestrians walked past.
• Firefighters were called to the EF School around 5:30 a.m. Sept. 8 after a student set off the fire extinguisher in Ursula Hall.
• A 7-Eleven employee reported an intoxicated, 17-year-old EF student stole unspecified property from the Main Street store Sept. 7. Police charged the teenager with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, and fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, a misdemeanor, after finding the stolen property in his pocket.
• A near accident on South Broadway touched off an argument between two motorists about 6 p.m. Sept. 6 before one drove off, police said. The motorist reported the other car continued to follow him and then pulled along side of his car and began to curse at him.
• Police were called to an office building on White Plains Road on Sept. 6 after two women got into an argument in an elevator and one woman pushed the other outside the elevator.
• Police charged a 38-year-old man with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, on Franklin Street on Sept. 6.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.