TARRYTOWN, N.Y. A McDonald's customer found out recently he had unwittingly played a game of Finders Keepers with his iPhone and ended up as the weeping loser.
Tarrytown Police say the man was at McDonald's around 8:30 p.m. on July 7 when he placed his iPhone on the counter to pay the cashier for his food. The man says he accidentally forgot about the phone when he went to bathroom.
Realizing his mistake, the man told police, he asked the cashier about the phone. The employee said he had found it and given it to a female standing in line who said it was hers.
Police also reported the following items:
- A caller reported that an unknown man had passed some type of alcoholic beverage to a group of teenagers walking up Neperan Road around 11:30 p.m. on July 11.
- Three sick raccoons were spotted walking into a yard on Eunice Court around 8 p.m. on July 11.
- A man reported his car was struck while parked on Franklin Street on July 11. The car's driver-side door was damaged.
- A woman reported another person blocked her and verbally abused her as she was trying to leave the drive-through at McDonald's around 5 p.m. on July 10.
- A sick raccoon was spotted on McKeel Avenue around 11 a.m. on July 10.
- A woman reported her car's rear window was shattered while parked on Main Street at noon on July 9. Police later determined excessive heat had caused the window blow out.
- A sick raccoon was spotted on Meadow Street around 9 a.m. July 8.
- An elderly man was spotted lost and wandering on Altamont Avenue around 4 p.m. on July 8. Police drove the man to his house, where he was reunited with his wife.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.