TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- A Tarrytown man was recently arrested and charged with the dissemination of child pornography near Chicago, according to the Illinois District Attorney.
Suresh M. Manjanath, 45, was allegedly found to be trading lewd images of children online when it was discovered he would be traveling to Chicago to distribute more images and video as well as pursue sexual acts with underage partners, the District Attorney said.
“Today, many crimes against children start online. Child predators take advantage of the anonymity of the internet to hide their true identity,” Illinois District Attorny Lisa Madigan said in a statement. “My High Tech Crimes Bureau hunts down sex offenders lurking online to stop them before they victimize children.”
Manjanath was charged with was charged in Will County Circuit Court with four counts of dissemination of child pornography, a felony punishable by six to 30 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections, and is being held on a $1 million bond.
Madigan’s office, which conducted the undercover sting, was assisted in the operation by the Channahon Police Department and the Will County State’s Attorney’s Office.
- 1 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Ambulance Crashes Head On Into Sleepy Hollow Utility Pole
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Sleepy Hollow, Tarrytown, Irvington Tuesday
- 5 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film