TARRYTOWN, N.Y.-- Police in Tarrytown are investigating the shooting death of a 23-year old female that occurred Monday afternoon.
Tarrytown police said they received a 911 call at 4:21 p.m. from Hudson Harbor, 157 Main St., reporting someone had been shot in a four-story townhome.
Tarrytown police and Sleepy Hollow police, along with the Tarrytown Ambulance Corps, responded to a fourth-floor bedroom and found an unidentified 23-year old woman mortally wounded, according to police.
Tarrytown police, along with the Westchester County Police, the Westchester County District Attorney's Office and the Westchester County Medical Examiner's Office, are investigating.
Police said they not have ruled on whether the incident was a homicide or suicide.
Tarrytown Police Chief Robert Herguth said this is the first fatal shooting in Tarrytown in more than a decade.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In One Of Three Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway
- 3 IRS Warns Tarrytown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 5 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS