TARRYTOWN, N.Y.-- Police in Tarrytown are investigating the shooting death of a 23-year old female that occurred Monday afternoon.
Tarrytown police said they received a 911 call at 4:21 p.m. from Hudson Harbor, 157 Main St., reporting someone had been shot in a four-story townhome.
Tarrytown police and Sleepy Hollow police, along with the Tarrytown Ambulance Corps, responded to a fourth-floor bedroom and found an unidentified 23-year old woman mortally wounded, according to police.
Tarrytown police, along with the Westchester County Police, the Westchester County District Attorney's Office and the Westchester County Medical Examiner's Office, are investigating.
Police said they not have ruled on whether the incident was a homicide or suicide.
Tarrytown Police Chief Robert Herguth said this is the first fatal shooting in Tarrytown in more than a decade.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 2 Police Warn Residents Of Service Company Imposters In Sleepy Hollow
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash