TARRYTOWN, N.Y.-- Police in Tarrytown are investigating the shooting death of a 23-year old female that occurred Monday afternoon.
Tarrytown police said they received a 911 call at 4:21 p.m. from Hudson Harbor, 157 Main St., reporting someone had been shot in a four-story townhome.
Tarrytown police and Sleepy Hollow police, along with the Tarrytown Ambulance Corps, responded to a fourth-floor bedroom and found an unidentified 23-year old woman mortally wounded, according to police.
Tarrytown police, along with the Westchester County Police, the Westchester County District Attorney's Office and the Westchester County Medical Examiner's Office, are investigating.
Police said they not have ruled on whether the incident was a homicide or suicide.
Tarrytown Police Chief Robert Herguth said this is the first fatal shooting in Tarrytown in more than a decade.
- 1 Saw Mill Parkway Wrong-Way Driver Charged With DWI ID'd
- 2 Significant Snow, Ice Possible For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Mayor Ken Wray Heads Unite Sleepy Hollow Village Election Ticket
- 5 Tarrytown Could See Light Snow Through Thursday Morning