TARRYTOWN, N.Y.-- Police in Tarrytown are investigating the shooting death of a 23-year old female that occurred Monday afternoon.
Tarrytown police said they received a 911 call at 4:21 p.m. from Hudson Harbor, 157 Main St., reporting someone had been shot in a four-story townhome.
Tarrytown police and Sleepy Hollow police, along with the Tarrytown Ambulance Corps, responded to a fourth-floor bedroom and found an unidentified 23-year old woman mortally wounded, according to police.
Tarrytown police, along with the Westchester County Police, the Westchester County District Attorney's Office and the Westchester County Medical Examiner's Office, are investigating.
Police said they not have ruled on whether the incident was a homicide or suicide.
Tarrytown Police Chief Robert Herguth said this is the first fatal shooting in Tarrytown in more than a decade.
- 1 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Big Brew NY Beer Festival Returns With Outdoor Fest In Tarrytown
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern