SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – A 47-year-old Sleepy Hollow woman remains in critical care Sunday after she was choked by her husband early Saturday, police said.
The woman, who has not been identified, is “not likely to survive,” according to a statement issued by Sleep Hollow Police Chief Gregory Camp.
The victim’s husband, Christopher Howson, 49, has been charged with second-degree attempted murder and first-degree strangulation, both felonies. He was arraigned Saturday night in Sleepy Hollow Village Court and sent to the Westchester County Jail.
Howson is due back in village court at 3 p.m. Monday.
Police responded to reports of a domestic dispute Saturday shortly after 3 a.m. After arriving at the 127 North Broadway home, police said they found the woman unresponsive and in cardiac arrest. She was taken to Phelps Memorial Hospital, where she remained Sunday.
Village police said the investigation is ongoing. Detectives from the Westchester County Department of Public Safety and members of the Westchester County District Attorney’s office are assisting in the investigation.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr No Longer At Phelps Hospital
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Special Delivery Outside Elmsford Restaurant: A Baby Boy