SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – A 47-year-old Sleepy Hollow woman remains in critical care Sunday after she was choked by her husband early Saturday, police said.
The woman, who has not been identified, is “not likely to survive,” according to a statement issued by Sleep Hollow Police Chief Gregory Camp.
The victim’s husband, Christopher Howson, 49, has been charged with second-degree attempted murder and first-degree strangulation, both felonies. He was arraigned Saturday night in Sleepy Hollow Village Court and sent to the Westchester County Jail.
Howson is due back in village court at 3 p.m. Monday.
Police responded to reports of a domestic dispute Saturday shortly after 3 a.m. After arriving at the 127 North Broadway home, police said they found the woman unresponsive and in cardiac arrest. She was taken to Phelps Memorial Hospital, where she remained Sunday.
Village police said the investigation is ongoing. Detectives from the Westchester County Department of Public Safety and members of the Westchester County District Attorney’s office are assisting in the investigation.
- 1 Sleepy Hollow Bar & Restaurant Fined For Several Liquor Violations
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Irvington Realtors Featured On New York Television Show
- 5 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk