SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – A 47-year-old Sleepy Hollow woman remains in critical care Sunday after she was choked by her husband early Saturday, police said.
The woman, who has not been identified, is “not likely to survive,” according to a statement issued by Sleep Hollow Police Chief Gregory Camp.
The victim’s husband, Christopher Howson, 49, has been charged with second-degree attempted murder and first-degree strangulation, both felonies. He was arraigned Saturday night in Sleepy Hollow Village Court and sent to the Westchester County Jail.
Howson is due back in village court at 3 p.m. Monday.
Police responded to reports of a domestic dispute Saturday shortly after 3 a.m. After arriving at the 127 North Broadway home, police said they found the woman unresponsive and in cardiac arrest. She was taken to Phelps Memorial Hospital, where she remained Sunday.
Village police said the investigation is ongoing. Detectives from the Westchester County Department of Public Safety and members of the Westchester County District Attorney’s office are assisting in the investigation.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Set For Robust Tourism Season