SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. — Sleepy Hollow resident Christopher Howson, 49, now faces second-degree murder charges in the death of his wife, Theresa Gorski, from injuries received in an attack at their home.
Howson is also charged with first-degree strangulation.
The charges were upgraded from second-degree attempted murder Monday in Sleepy Hollow Village Court in response to death of the 47-year-old mother, who was taken off life support Wednesday at Phelps Memorial Hospital.
Sleepy Hollow Village Justice Alfred Farella also issued two separate orders of protection to Joanne Gorski, Theresa's sister, and Virginia Gorski, her mother, after the two requested that Howson refrain from contacting them. Joanne is taking care of Theresa's two daughters, ages 5 and 8.
Attorney Ada Medina, who represents Howson, declined to comment on the case at the court hearing. Howson is scheduled to reappear in court Jan. 28.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 4 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington