SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. — Sleepy Hollow resident Christopher Howson, 49, now faces second-degree murder charges in the death of his wife, Theresa Gorski, from injuries received in an attack at their home.
Howson is also charged with first-degree strangulation.
The charges were upgraded from second-degree attempted murder Monday in Sleepy Hollow Village Court in response to death of the 47-year-old mother, who was taken off life support Wednesday at Phelps Memorial Hospital.
Sleepy Hollow Village Justice Alfred Farella also issued two separate orders of protection to Joanne Gorski, Theresa's sister, and Virginia Gorski, her mother, after the two requested that Howson refrain from contacting them. Joanne is taking care of Theresa's two daughters, ages 5 and 8.
Attorney Ada Medina, who represents Howson, declined to comment on the case at the court hearing. Howson is scheduled to reappear in court Jan. 28.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Volunteers Save Cat At Scene Of Fire In Tarrytown
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Snow Likely In Tarrytown On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 New Joint Venture Of Sleepy Hollow's Phelps Memorial Tops News Last Week