SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- The village Board of Trustees' recent decision to pass over a seemingly qualified candidate for the police force is creating controversy, according to LoHud.com.
Greg Lobato, who was a captain in the Marines and has an MBA was passed over by the board by a vote of 4-2 on Tuesday, July 29, LoHud.com reported.
Many residents believe Lobato was passed over for purely political reasons, namely his Republican sister, Jennifer Lobato-Church, who serves on the board, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Police Issue 72 Tickets In Route 9 Detail
- 2 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Share Services But Not Towns
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up