SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- The village Board of Trustees' recent decision to pass over a seemingly qualified candidate for the police force is creating controversy, according to LoHud.com.
Greg Lobato, who was a captain in the Marines and has an MBA was passed over by the board by a vote of 4-2 on Tuesday, July 29, LoHud.com reported.
Many residents believe Lobato was passed over for purely political reasons, namely his Republican sister, Jennifer Lobato-Church, who serves on the board, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Ranked Among Safest Places To Live In New York
- 2 Winter Won't Be So Bad In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington, NWS Says
- 3 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester