SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- The village Board of Trustees' recent decision to pass over a seemingly qualified candidate for the police force is creating controversy, according to LoHud.com.
Greg Lobato, who was a captain in the Marines and has an MBA was passed over by the board by a vote of 4-2 on Tuesday, July 29, LoHud.com reported.
Many residents believe Lobato was passed over for purely political reasons, namely his Republican sister, Jennifer Lobato-Church, who serves on the board, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Irvington, Tarrytown Rank Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Farmers Market Opens Saturday
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History