SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- The village Board of Trustees' recent decision to pass over a seemingly qualified candidate for the police force is creating controversy, according to LoHud.com.
Greg Lobato, who was a captain in the Marines and has an MBA was passed over by the board by a vote of 4-2 on Tuesday, July 29, LoHud.com reported.
Many residents believe Lobato was passed over for purely political reasons, namely his Republican sister, Jennifer Lobato-Church, who serves on the board, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Tarrytown Man, 26, Pleads Guilty To Girlfriend’s Shooting Death
- 3 Sleepy Hollow Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Tarrytown's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester