SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- The village Board of Trustees' recent decision to pass over a seemingly qualified candidate for the police force is creating controversy, according to LoHud.com.
Greg Lobato, who was a captain in the Marines and has an MBA was passed over by the board by a vote of 4-2 on Tuesday, July 29, LoHud.com reported.
Many residents believe Lobato was passed over for purely political reasons, namely his Republican sister, Jennifer Lobato-Church, who serves on the board, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Woman Found Dead In Greenburgh Home ID'd
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director