SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – A two-alarm fire caused substantial damage to a three-story apartment building and briefly shut down the Metro North Railroad on Wednesday night in Sleepy Hollow.
Sleepy Hollow Fire Chief Billy Ryan said no injuries were reported, but the blaze caused "extensive damage to the whole building" located on Clinton Street.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
More than 50 firefighters helped extinguish the fire by midnight. Ryan said the fire extended through all four apartments, the attic, the rear yard and a car.
No other buildings were affected.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Man Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler On TZB Breaks Windshield
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York