SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – A two-alarm fire caused substantial damage to a three-story apartment building and briefly shut down the Metro North Railroad on Wednesday night in Sleepy Hollow.
Sleepy Hollow Fire Chief Billy Ryan said no injuries were reported, but the blaze caused "extensive damage to the whole building" located on Clinton Street.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
More than 50 firefighters helped extinguish the fire by midnight. Ryan said the fire extended through all four apartments, the attic, the rear yard and a car.
No other buildings were affected.
- 1 Woman Found Dead In Greenburgh Home ID'd
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director