SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – A two-alarm fire caused substantial damage to a three-story apartment building and briefly shut down the Metro North Railroad on Wednesday night in Sleepy Hollow.
Sleepy Hollow Fire Chief Billy Ryan said no injuries were reported, but the blaze caused "extensive damage to the whole building" located on Clinton Street.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
More than 50 firefighters helped extinguish the fire by midnight. Ryan said the fire extended through all four apartments, the attic, the rear yard and a car.
No other buildings were affected.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Significant Snow, Ice Possible For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Blizzard Warning Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington