SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – A two-alarm fire caused substantial damage to a three-story apartment building and briefly shut down the Metro North Railroad on Wednesday night in Sleepy Hollow.
Sleepy Hollow Fire Chief Billy Ryan said no injuries were reported, but the blaze caused "extensive damage to the whole building" located on Clinton Street.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
More than 50 firefighters helped extinguish the fire by midnight. Ryan said the fire extended through all four apartments, the attic, the rear yard and a car.
No other buildings were affected.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Westchester Farmers Market Finalists Announced In DVlicious Contest
- 3 Tarrytown Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad