SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – A two-alarm fire caused substantial damage to a three-story apartment building and briefly shut down the Metro North Railroad on Wednesday night in Sleepy Hollow.
Sleepy Hollow Fire Chief Billy Ryan said no injuries were reported, but the blaze caused "extensive damage to the whole building" located on Clinton Street.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
More than 50 firefighters helped extinguish the fire by midnight. Ryan said the fire extended through all four apartments, the attic, the rear yard and a car.
No other buildings were affected.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Sleepy Hollow Gets In Halloween Spirit
- 3 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 First NY Residential Eating Disorder Facility Opens In Irvington
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester