VALHALLA, N.Y. -- A registered sex offender who was living at a shelter in Valhalla was sentenced to 20 years in prison on Wednesday, March 12 after attempting to meet with a 15-year-old girl at a Greenburgh motel, according to LoHud.com.
Robert Okamura, 46, responded to a Craigslist ad in an attempt to meet the 15-year-old girl. The two exchanged graphic text messages and planned a meeting which was scheduled to take place on Dec. 14, 2011, LoHud.com reported.
Okamura was already on the New York State Sex Offender Registry after being convicted of forcing an 11-year-old girl into sexual contact, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Historic Irvington Home About To Hit Market For $14.75M, Report Says
- 2 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Greenburgh Officer Relieved Of Duty For Posting Racist Photo On Facebook
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Crash Results In Saw Mill Closure