VALHALLA, N.Y. -- A registered sex offender who was living at a shelter in Valhalla was sentenced to 20 years in prison on Wednesday, March 12 after attempting to meet with a 15-year-old girl at a Greenburgh motel, according to LoHud.com.
Robert Okamura, 46, responded to a Craigslist ad in an attempt to meet the 15-year-old girl. The two exchanged graphic text messages and planned a meeting which was scheduled to take place on Dec. 14, 2011, LoHud.com reported.
Okamura was already on the New York State Sex Offender Registry after being convicted of forcing an 11-year-old girl into sexual contact, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Cuomo Announces New York Will Ban Fracking