VALHALLA, N.Y. -- A registered sex offender who was living at a shelter in Valhalla was sentenced to 20 years in prison on Wednesday, March 12 after attempting to meet with a 15-year-old girl at a Greenburgh motel, according to LoHud.com.
Robert Okamura, 46, responded to a Craigslist ad in an attempt to meet the 15-year-old girl. The two exchanged graphic text messages and planned a meeting which was scheduled to take place on Dec. 14, 2011, LoHud.com reported.
Okamura was already on the New York State Sex Offender Registry after being convicted of forcing an 11-year-old girl into sexual contact, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Bomb Threat Closes Irvington HS/MS Campus
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Pocantico Hills' David Rockefeller Donates $4M For State Park Preserve
- 4 Hackley Ranks Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show