RYE BROOK, N.Y. -- Police concluded late Monday that the deaths of two Rye Brook residents from carbon monoxide poisoning were both accidental.
Rye Brook Police Department said it was notified about 12:10 p.m. on Monday afternoon of "a person in distress" on Maywood Avenue.
Upon arrival, police found two males, Carl Persson, 85, and Joseph Pendrak, 52, both of 9 Maywood Ave., dead in the home. Earlier Daily Voice coverage can be found here.
Both Persson and Pendrak were in found in their beds in their separate bedrooms, police said. Accidental carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected to be the cause of death, according to the press statement.
Upon investigation, a vehicle that was out of gas was found in an attached garage with the key in the ignition in the on position, police said. This vehicle is believed to be the source of the carbon monoxide.
Family members had become concerned when they were unable to reach both Persson and Pendrak and went to the home and discovered the bodies, police said. Both Carl Persson and Joseph Pendrak are believed to be related.
The Westchester County Department of Public Safety Crime Scene Unit assisted at the scene.
The Rye Brook Police Detective Bureau is continuing its investigation.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.