TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A Powder Horn Way man became suspicious and called Tarrytown police after he saw video surveillance of three people walking around his property, looking into his windows and taking photos.
The man called police Sept. 29 after he watched the video and told them it showed the three people acting suspicious between 11 a.m. and noon Sept. 27.
Police learned the man was refinancing his house and suggested it may have been the bank's appraisal company.
The man called his bank, who told him it was not the appraisal company.
Police also reported the following items:
• Police charged Donavon Sherrod, 38, with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony, and fifth-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance, a felony, on White Plains Road on Sept. 28. Sherrod was arraigned on $5,000 bail and taken to the Westchester County Jail.
• Tarrytown public works employees rescued a cat trapped in a storm drain and returned it to its family on Summit Street on Sept. 28.
• A South Broadway woman reported her daughter had been chased into another apartment building by a possum on Sept. 27. Police escorted the daughter back to her home and found the possum had gone.
• Police charged Francine M. Blumm, 59, with third-degree criminal mischief, a felony, after she followed another motorist from Rockland County to Tarrytown Village Hall and a police officer observed her scratching and ripping a windshield wiper off the motorist's car on Sept. 27.
• A Carrollwood Drive woman reported someone had rifled through her car on Sept. 27.
• A Bella's employee suffered smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire broke out on Sept. 27.
• A Martling Avenue man reported his parked car had been struck by a car that then drove off on Sept. 27.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 4 Mason Struck, Killed By His Own Van In Greenburgh
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash