TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A copper thief hit the DoubleTree Hotel, Tarrytown police said.
The hotel's security reported that a stack of copper wiring was taken from a work truck parked in the back of the hotel after 10 p.m. on Nov. 6.
Police also reported the following items:
- The Tarrytown YMCA reported two folders containing personal information were missing from a second-floor office on Nov. 6.
- Firefighters inspected 22 homes on Barnes Road for a gas leak on Nov. 6. Con Edison found the leak in the roadway near 69 Barnes Road.
- A woman reported someone had taken $700 from her wallet while she was working out at the Tarrytown YMCA on Nov. 5.
- A Carrollwood Drive resident reported on Nov, 5 that someone had siphoned gas from her car.
- A tractor-trailer knocked down cable wires on Van Wart Avenue and left the area on Nov. 5.
- A Pike electric vehicle knocked down a light pole on South Broadway while doing repair work in the area on Nov. 5.
- A Gracemere Road resident reported on Nov. 4 two men claiming to be from Con Edison rang her doorbell and wanted to know if the power was on. The men had no IDs.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.