WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Several passing motorists helped rescue a 20-year-old Armonk man who attempted to jump off of the Tappan Zee Bridge on Tuesday, April 22, according to a News 12 report.
New York State Troopers said the Armonk man was "stopped by passing motorists" before being able to jump off the bridge, according to the News 12 report.
Chris D'Onofrio, of Thornwood, said "he and a couple of other men were able to pull the young man back over the railing," according to the News 12 report.
- 1 Irvington Fire Chief Says He First Thought Stabbing Was Purse Snatching
- 2 Police Find More Than 10,000 Bags Of Heroin During Tarrytown Traffic Stop
- 3 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 4 Deer Ticks Can Transmit Deadly Powassan Virus
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates