GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- UPDATED 2:50 P.M. More than 80 cats found confined in small cages in a Greenburgh home were rescued by officials Tuesday, May 20, according to News 12.
The cats were rescued from the home at 55 Riverdale Ave. after they were found in small, dark cages with many lying in their own feces, according to the report.
The owner of the home reportedly told News 12 she had recently fallen on hard times and was trying to find a home for the cats.
The New Rochelle Humane Society is looking for people to adopt the cats. The organization is also seeking donations to give the rescued cats treatment, according to a statement.
Call (914) 632-2925 for more information on the rescued cats.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 2 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 3 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Sleepy Hollow, Tarrytown, Irvington Tuesday
- 5 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow