GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- UPDATED 2:50 P.M. More than 80 cats found confined in small cages in a Greenburgh home were rescued by officials Tuesday, May 20, according to News 12.
The cats were rescued from the home at 55 Riverdale Ave. after they were found in small, dark cages with many lying in their own feces, according to the report.
The owner of the home reportedly told News 12 she had recently fallen on hard times and was trying to find a home for the cats.
The New Rochelle Humane Society is looking for people to adopt the cats. The organization is also seeking donations to give the rescued cats treatment, according to a statement.
Call (914) 632-2925 for more information on the rescued cats.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Tarrytown Man, 26, Pleads Guilty To Girlfriend’s Shooting Death
- 3 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Tarrytown's Communication Signals
- 4 Sleepy Hollow Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 5 Tarrytown's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend