TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The Sleepy Hollow Village Board shot down a proposal on Tuesday, Aug. 12 to reexamine its decision to not hire a decorated Marine veteran to the police force, according to LoHud.com.
Trustee Glenn Rosenbloom proposed a new vote to hire retired Marine Corps Capt. Greg Lobato, but the same four trustees who voted against his hire also voted against reconsidering the measure. None of the trustees who voted against the proposal provided a reason for their vote, LoHud.com reported.
Lobato is a native of Sleepy Hollow who commanded a platoon in Iraq before returning home and obtaining a master's degree and a job on Wall Street. Lobato was the highest scoring candidate on the local civil service list and was ranked 11th overall county-wide, LoHud.com said.
Lobato has filed a Freedom of Information request to obtain any and all communication between board members about his application, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Tarrytown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Two Dozen Will Boycott Bill Cosby’s Shows At Tarrytown Music Hall
- 3 Snow Likely In Tarrytown On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Route 119 Reopens After Closure In Greenburgh
- 5 Tarrytown Schools Closed, Irvington Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday