TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A 74-year-old man was charged with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, after he crashed his car into a wall on Union Avenue, Tarrytown police said.
William Blank was found semi-conscious after the crash on May 7. He was taken to the Westchester Medical Center for treatment, where he consented to having his blood tested for alcohol.
Police also reported the following items:
- A White Plains Road resident reported a raccoon was in his attic on May 6.
- A woman reported someone had stolen $48, her wallet and her iPhone charger from her car after she used the valet service at the DoubleTree Hotel on May 6. The Hotel reported the valet had mistakenly left the window open and reimbursed the woman for the stolen items.
- Police responded to a report of a boat in distress on the Hudson River on May 4.
- A Whitetail Road resident reported on May 4 that someone had been using her son's identity, leading to numerous summonses in New Jersey.
- Security officials at the Tarrytown House Estate reported a burglary at the King House around 5 a.m. on May 3. Police secured the only exit and later arrested Saman Shojai. Shojai, 32 is charged with two counts of second-degree burglary and one count of second-degree attempted burglary.
- Tarrytown police investigated a burglary at a Dixon Street apartment on May 2.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.