TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – An irate, drunk man was banned from Main Street Sweets in Tarrytown after he caused a disturbance, police said.
Police were called to the shop on Jan. 30 after a man began begging for money inside. The man left, but soon came back drunk. Police say the man kept picking up the tip jar and slamming it back onto the counter, saying he needed a job or some money.
Police also reported the following items:
- Tarrytown police and firefighters were called to the Tarrytown Train Station twice within 30 minutes for a stuck elevator on Jan. 31. Officials rescued one person from the elevator on the second call.
- A tree fell across Benedict Avenue and struck a car on Jan. 31.
- A former Crescent Drive resident took several pieces of large furniture from her apartment when she moved out, the management company reported to police on Jan. 30.
- A pair of Ugg-brand boots worth approximately $100 were taken from the basement dance studio of the Tarrytown YMCA between 5:30 and 7 p.m. on Jan. 28.
- Michael Morvillo, 29, was charged with third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance, a felony, on Jan. 28. Morvillo was arraigned, given no bail and sent to the Westchester County Jail.
- A broken water pipe set off a fire alarm at the EF School around 4:30 a.m. on Jan. 28.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Snow Could Return To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Hackley Ranks Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 5 Snow Chance, Wind Chills In 20s Await Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington