TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – An irate, drunk man was banned from Main Street Sweets in Tarrytown after he caused a disturbance, police said.
Police were called to the shop on Jan. 30 after a man began begging for money inside. The man left, but soon came back drunk. Police say the man kept picking up the tip jar and slamming it back onto the counter, saying he needed a job or some money.
Police also reported the following items:
- Tarrytown police and firefighters were called to the Tarrytown Train Station twice within 30 minutes for a stuck elevator on Jan. 31. Officials rescued one person from the elevator on the second call.
- A tree fell across Benedict Avenue and struck a car on Jan. 31.
- A former Crescent Drive resident took several pieces of large furniture from her apartment when she moved out, the management company reported to police on Jan. 30.
- A pair of Ugg-brand boots worth approximately $100 were taken from the basement dance studio of the Tarrytown YMCA between 5:30 and 7 p.m. on Jan. 28.
- Michael Morvillo, 29, was charged with third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance, a felony, on Jan. 28. Morvillo was arraigned, given no bail and sent to the Westchester County Jail.
- A broken water pipe set off a fire alarm at the EF School around 4:30 a.m. on Jan. 28.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday