IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- A sixth-grade student taken to a local hospital after being struck by a motorist on busy Route 9 North Broadway after leaving the Irvington Middle and High School campus on June 19, the Irvington School District reported.
School Superintendent Kristopher M. Harrison said in a message on the district website that the youngster was taken to a local hospital for treatment and that police were investigating the incident.
"The Irvington Police are investigating this accident and we are fully cooperating with their work," Harrison's message said. "In addition, counselors were made available in the middle school conference room (June 19) and in subsequent days for any students or staff who may need to avail themselves of these services."
According to school officials, there were no updates to report Tuesday, June 24
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 2 IRS Warns Tarrytown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In One Of Three Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway
- 4 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 5 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Port Chester Accident