IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- A sixth-grade student taken to a local hospital after being struck by a motorist on busy Route 9 North Broadway after leaving the Irvington Middle and High School campus on June 19, the Irvington School District reported.
School Superintendent Kristopher M. Harrison said in a message on the district website that the youngster was taken to a local hospital for treatment and that police were investigating the incident.
"The Irvington Police are investigating this accident and we are fully cooperating with their work," Harrison's message said. "In addition, counselors were made available in the middle school conference room (June 19) and in subsequent days for any students or staff who may need to avail themselves of these services."
According to school officials, there were no updates to report Tuesday, June 24
- 1 Police Warn Residents Of Service Company Imposters In Sleepy Hollow
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48