IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- A sixth-grade student taken to a local hospital after being struck by a motorist on busy Route 9 North Broadway after leaving the Irvington Middle and High School campus on June 19, the Irvington School District reported.
School Superintendent Kristopher M. Harrison said in a message on the district website that the youngster was taken to a local hospital for treatment and that police were investigating the incident.
"The Irvington Police are investigating this accident and we are fully cooperating with their work," Harrison's message said. "In addition, counselors were made available in the middle school conference room (June 19) and in subsequent days for any students or staff who may need to avail themselves of these services."
According to school officials, there were no updates to report Tuesday, June 24
- 1 Tarrytown Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 4 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington