IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- A sixth-grade student taken to a local hospital after being struck by a motorist on busy Route 9 North Broadway after leaving the Irvington Middle and High School campus on June 19, the Irvington School District reported.
School Superintendent Kristopher M. Harrison said in a message on the district website that the youngster was taken to a local hospital for treatment and that police were investigating the incident.
"The Irvington Police are investigating this accident and we are fully cooperating with their work," Harrison's message said. "In addition, counselors were made available in the middle school conference room (June 19) and in subsequent days for any students or staff who may need to avail themselves of these services."
According to school officials, there were no updates to report Tuesday, June 24
- 1 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker
- 2 Greenburgh Police Officer Linked To Racist Comment, Report Says
- 3 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 4 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 5 Court's Injunction Stops HUD From Giving Away Grants For Westchester