SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – Village police continue to investigate on Sunday the circumstances surrounding the accident that killed a 37-year-old woman Saturday near Douglas Park in Sleepy Hollow.
On Sunday, police said investigators were working to determine what caused the 2008 Honda Pilot sport utility vehicle to go over an embankment at the end of Tappan Avenue and near the intersection of Anderson Avenue.
The driver, who has yet to be identified, was found lying on the side of the road. Police took the woman to Phelps Memorial Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Police Chief Gregory Camp said Saturday it was unclear whether the woman lost control of the vehicle or had mechanical difficulties, and if the driver either jumped out or was ejected from the vehicle as it sped downhill toward the embankment.
The Westchester County Police Accident Investigation Unit is assisting Sleepy Hollow police with the case.
- 1 Irvington Declares State Of Emergency, Continuing Indefinitely
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Blizzard Warning Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow